Interior Design Services
When you’re thinking about working with an interior designer, it can be helpful to understand more about what services they provide and what the process is.
I work with a collaborative approach - I listen to your needs and interpret your ideas. The result is a design plan that reflects your personality, incorporates the good in your existing living space but optimises the potential of your home in ways that you may not have considered.
Whether you’re feeling overwhelmed by the number of decisions confronting you in a big renovation, would just like a professional to bounce ideas off, or need some help with the practical task of realising your vision, this is the perfect place to start.
From a single bedroom to a whole house renovation and everything in between, I can advise on both the practical and aesthetic. Here are some of the ways I can help:
- space planning and layouts;
- product specification, from furniture to accessories;
- kitchen and bathroom design;
- lighting design;
- curtains, blinds and uphosltery;
- ideas for flooring;
- bespoke furniture design and production;
- storage solutions;
- colour schemes;
- listed buildings and permissions;
- extensions and loft conversions;
- refurbishment, redecoration and renovations.
The Interior Design Process
I have a structured method to help clients through the interior design process, designed to ensure the smooth running of the project and a transparent understanding of our fee structure. After an initial consultation, I can provide a detailed proposal of services and fees.
During our initial consultation, we would discuss:
- the project scope - how much design input you require on a room by room basis;
- your project budget;
- the input you need from a designer on an aesthetic and practical basis;
- if you require design only or additional supply and project management services.
In Depth Consultation
Because my interior design approach is client-centred, our in depth consultation is really important. Here, I will take a full brief on your needs and aspirations, practical and aesthetic. This is a chance to explore ideas and discover any available opportunities to improve the functionality and style of your home.
Our detailed discussion will take in:–
- the style and period of your home;
- what you love and dislike about your home;
- how you live and work as a family;
- how you want to feel in your home;
- interior design styles or properties you love;
- your existing, treasured furniture and artwork.
Based on our initial meeting, a Concept Design is prepared, incorporating the key aspects of our collective vision for the look and feel of your home. It will include colours, mood, and key design features and is presented to you at a second appointment. Here, we’ll have the opportunity to revise and refine as necessary.
Once we’ve established the outline of your scheme, we start work on creating the plans and specifying all the elements of the design.
We provide you with a comprehensive design package which may include:
- plans, elevations and detailed drawings;
- 3D hand rendered visuals;
- kitchen or joinery concept designs;
- lighting and electrical plans;
- samples, detailing all fabric & finishes;
- product images;
- detailed costings and product supplier details.
Project Management and Consultation
This information provides you with the look and feel of your proposed design, as well as the practicalities, including budget. From this point, you could implement the design yourself or you could ask us to help with the build phase. We offer either a Build Consultation Service – holding your hand through the process, or Project Management – a turnkey service for complete property refurbishment.
Our fees are fixed, based on the time that design work will take at an hourly rate of £95. The agreed fee will depend on the scope of the project. For example, a full design scheme, including all elements, for a lounge, bedroom or bathroom is likely to take 2 to 3 days of a designer’s time, which equates to £1,330 to £1,995. It is hard to estimate fees prior to seeing a project as the time taken will vary greatly depending on the required services, scope, size, detail and permissions required – to name just a few factors. However, after an initial consultation, I can provide a detailed and transparent proposal of services and fees.